The valves are used on the end of a suction line to stop fluids in the line emptying when the pump is turned off, thus eliminating the need to prime your pump at start up. The foot valve evolved through the need for a reliable valve that could provide positive seating action at both low and high quality pressures without slamming. The foot valve satisfies these requirements plus offers low headless through the full-ported area and heavy-duty stainless steel basket screening.
Cast Iron foot valves are used in suction side of the pumps to avoid flow reversal from pump to the sump, in order to maintain pump priming. They also pervent entry of foreign body into pump through suction pipe. These valves are suitable for having clear water within the limits specified by IS:4308.
– Size Range: 2″~20″
– suitable for portable water
– Heavy duty stainless steel screening-flow area 3 to 4 times that of the pipe area.
– Synthetic seating ring-provides a drop-tight seal
– Full ported area-equal to pipe size at all points through the valve
– Optional fusion bonded epoxy